What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Please Verify an Error in fuel tank Section

Another issue--maybe not a correction. The plans say to attach the nut plates to the Z-brackets on page 2 of the section, then it tells you to prime (if desired) on the next page.

It is kind of hard to prime after attaching nut plates.

I guess I should have known better.

Ken

Ken,

I believe you are correct. I realised it after I dimpled the holes in the T-1005B. After then spending some time checking through how it goes together I then concluded it should be the T-1005C. I then had to make up a set of new T-1005B shims from some spare alclad sheet.

At least it was only a small part to make a mistake on - better than mucking up something like a wing skin.

Ian

Misprint

I would like to make sure that I am correct in finding an error in the file tank section (16 or 18 in new plans).

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w663/Kenneth_Stockman/photo-17_zps072b99dc.jpg

Step 3 says to dimple to the two 19 holes in the T-1005B shim.

It should be the T-1005-C shim. Correct?

I checked the corrections from Vans and did not see this correction.

I would like to get this verified before I email Vans.

Thanks
Ken

Ken,

You are correct, it should be T-1005C. I came up to that point, already had dimpled the B and didn't make sense. I didn't notice your post, but called Van's about it and they said it must be a misprint. It should be T-1005C.

Back