What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Calling all RV-12?s in Ohio?

Piper J3

Well Known Member
Nothing going on today and beginning of New Year? so I thought I?d see if there is any interest in gathering a list of RV-12?s in Ohio for possible fly-outs when the weather becomes nice again in the spring. I?ve been sleuthing in VAF and I think I?ve found 20 RV-12?s in Ohio and I bet there?s a lot more.

I?d be willing to take the lead and compose a list of 12 builders/flyers. The list would not be published and only available to those who want to be included.

12?s are traveling machines so we could include our neighbors ? NY, PA, VW, KY, IN, and MI.

If you?d like to participate send your contact information to my email...

Name..................... Jim Stricker
Airport................... Mole 1OA2 (Pvt)
City........................ Hinckley
Email...................... [email protected]

Today I sent emails to a dozen RV-12 drivers in Ohio. If you didn't get an email and want to be included in Ohio RV-12 gatherings, send me a PM or email and I'll add you to the list.

Mark your Calendar - July 20, 1969/2019

"We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win." - JFK September 12, 1962

Mark your calendars... 50th anniversary of Neil Armstrong first man on the moon is Saturday July 20, 2019. If weather is at all flyable, I plan on spending a good part of my day at Neil Armstrong Airport (KAXV) Wapakoneta, Ohio.

Last edited:
July 20, 2019 - 50th Anniversary - "First Man"

"We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win." - JFK September 12, 1962

Mark your calendars... 50th anniversary of Neil Armstrong first man on the moon is Saturday July 20, 2019. If weather is at all flyable, I plan on spending a good part of my day at Neil Armstrong Airport (KAXV) Wapakoneta, Ohio.

Jim are they doing anything special down there on Saturday?? I?d love to go but I?m leaving for OSH that morning.

Weather is looking good for this tomorrow with exception of heat index. I plan on arriving 9AM Neil Armstrong Airport (KAXV) Wapakoneta, Ohio.

Back