VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 11-21-2019, 07:55 AM

Default FS: CANADAIAN RV-12 KIT

Vans RV-12 Kit 90% complete, (kits dated 2017/18/19)

Located in Niagara, Canada, all customs and importing complete, registered with Transport Canada. This is classified as a Amateur-Built Aircraft as per Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs).

Transport/MDRA inspections complete, meticulous workmanship, ready for final inspection after finish work, including Garmin G3X avionics, mount an engine of your choice, (yes you can do this in Canada), Rotax mount and fiberglass cowling included.

Save two years of filing, deburring, priming, assembly, inspections, shipping, importing and approximately $10,000 below Canadian costs. Full details available, construction pics, manuals, drawings and support.

Includes rolling wing rack for easy hanger storage.

Asking $30,000 US.

Last edited by piperpilot : 11-28-2019 at 06:46 AM.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:20 AM

Is this the nosewheel model, the RV-12-eh?

(sorry couldn't resist)
Old 11-22-2019, 12:12 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by krw5927 View Post
Is this the nosewheel model, the RV-12-eh?
(sorry couldn't resist)

Well done Sir.
Old 11-28-2019, 06:45 AM

I have had a lot of questions if this is really "Canada only" and I cannot answer that for friends south of the border as I do not know your import rules as it applies to EAB`s. Some have said it`s easy to do but I do not know the US rules. Thanks
Old 11-28-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperpilot View Post
I have had a lot of questions if this is really "Canada only" and I cannot answer that for friends south of the border as I do not know your import rules as it applies to EAB`s. Some have said it`s easy to do but I do not know the US rules. Thanks
I donít think that you are doing yourself any favours by limiting yourself to Canadian buyers. Lots of experimental aircraft cross the border in both directions.
RV10 - QB wings and fuse. Working on cabin top
St. Albert, Alberta, Canada
Reserved:C-GRPY
Old 11-30-2019, 08:39 PM

Can you confirm this is the 12A? Also, obvious question: why sell so close to finish?

Thanx!
Old 12-04-2019, 05:23 PM

"Yah buddy I can tell ya she`s a 12-eh"

Confirming it is a factory kit with no modifications. All RV-12`s are tricycle gear configuration and would be quite a job (next to impossible for the main gear) to change to a tail wheel. So yes a 12-A
Old 12-05-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperpilot View Post
It's easier to import a Canadian partially-completed EAB to the US than it is to import a US partially-completed EAB to Canada. If you're willing to sell to a US buyer, you should indicate so. Otherwise, if you're only selling in Canada, why would you advertise in US dollars?
Old 12-05-2019, 09:46 AM

Rob - I won't speak for the OP but I will speak for about 90% of aircraft sellers in Canada.
The aircraft came from the US, was purchased in US dollars, and its replacement will likely also be purchased in US dollars. The US dollar is the cost basis for most aviation components since most of them are manufactured in the US.

If you look at the classifieds in COPA Flight you'll see many, if not the majority, advertise in US dollars. This gives the seller a relatively fixed price point that's independent of exchange rate fluctuations. The only time we see Canadian selling prices expressed in $CAD is when we are very near parity between $US and $CAD. As soon as the currency values drift apart we see a hard and fast shift to pricing in $US. The last time I listed an aircraft for sale it was priced in $US for all of the above reasons.

Hope this helps build an understanding of the longer-term influences on the Canadian aircraft resale market.