VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 07-11-2019, 08:36 PM

Default RV Aircraft Finance

Any recommendations for financing an RV? I contacted Dorr and they donít do RVs. I contacted a bank that I used for my previous aircraft and theyíll finance me but their rate is 6.9% which seems a bit high.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:56 PM

First Pryority Bank.
N1017H Reserved
EAA #: 1106970
2019 VAF Dues Paid!
Old 07-11-2019, 08:57 PM

If you really want to borrow money, try your local credit union. When I was younger and dumber, so was my credit union. They gave me the same rate as they were charging to finance..wait for it...RVs.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majuro15 View Post
First Pryority Bank.
Yep thatís who I financed my first aircraft with. Talking with Bank of Locust grove now who is a sister Bank. The same person does aircraft rivals for both banks. They are great folks and have made things easy for me in the past. I want to use them again but want to make sure Iím getting the ďbestĒ rate.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv7charlie View Post
If you really want to borrow money, try your local credit union. When I was younger and dumber, so was my credit union. They gave me the same rate as they were charging to finance..wait for it...RVs.
Ok thatís priceless. Might have to try.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:00 AM

Default LightStream

I highly recommend LightStream. The interest rate on my unsecured loan is 4.54%. Funded in a day on a holiday weekend.

RV-8 N898R - Bought Flying
RV-7A N36HS - Bought Flying (sold)
Cherokee Six N5259S (Sold)
Old 07-12-2019, 08:53 AM

Tell the bank you'd like to buy an RV. Don't be specific.

Seriously though, I bought mine using my line of credit on my mortgage, about a year before renewing the mortgage. When I renewed the mortgage, the amount was rolled in to the principal. Presto, RV loan at housing loan rate.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:05 AM

I realize that everybody's finances are different, and maybe the only reason some of us even have a loan on our house is to get the (relatively) free interest available these days, but I can't imagine risking my family's 'roof' on a toy (or even a business venture, for that matter). If I were so flush with assets I could use my 2nd or 3rd vacation home as collateral...
Old 07-12-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv7charlie View Post
I realize that everybody's finances are different, and maybe the only reason some of us even have a loan on our house is to get the (relatively) free interest available these days, but I can't imagine risking my family's 'roof' on a toy (or even a business venture, for that matter). If I were so flush with assets I could use my 2nd or 3rd vacation home as collateral...
Yep, I feel the same way. I can't risk the roof over my head for a toy. I know people that have done that with business and have been very successful, but it's just not for me. I'd rather have the security knowing that I can liquidate the asset without risking necessities.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilkins View Post
I highly recommend LightStream. The interest rate on my unsecured loan is 4.54%. Funded in a day on a holiday weekend.
That is definitely an attractive option but I don't really want the 84 month term.