Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > My RV Build Project
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2018, 11:16 AM

This is really cool. it would be great for the kids that come to our Young Eagles events with their siblings but are too young to fly. If you ever decide to release the plans/files let me know.
www.theaviatorx.com
"Genius is persistence in disguise"

Old 12-18-2018, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppilotmike View Post
Really cool project, Garet. I did the same thing with my RV-10 build (i.e. got sidetracked into building a pedal plane with my daughter). See link below, in my signature. I don't regret it at all! It was really neat to build something with her and it has inspired a whole lot of kids.

I think your project shows more promise than mine, because only little kids can fit into the one I built. However, it doesn't stop the older kids from trying!

Are you guys going to come to Oshkosh with your P-40 in 2019. I'd love for my kids to see it up close.
We would love to get it to some of the bigger events. Right now the big hurdle is transporting it as its not very small. Oshkosh would be huge on my wish list (also because I've never been there....Yet). We wanted to get it into some of the elementary schools here as the grade 6 students learn about Aviation. Unfortunately general aviation isn't well supported in this part of the country IMHO. We hope to change that.
http://garetsrv.blogspot.ca/