VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 11-03-2019, 06:25 PM

Default Welome back

Keep at it, Dave. Can't wait to see it in the air!
Old 12-01-2019, 06:01 PM

Well, first off, I want to thank Larry Larson and Rick Brennan, both members of VAF, for their support during my recovery from surgery.

Iím not yet working on the RV-3B. In fact, itís only been this week that Iíve even thought about it. Before that I just wasnít well enough. One of the factors was that as a result of the operation, I was always very tired and couldnít focus my attention on anything much. Fortunately, thatís now receding.

I did some minor shop clean-up the other day. It was the first time Iíd been out there to do anything useful since the operation - baby steps.

The main upcoming work is to finish riveting the tailcone top on and then to make the composite canopy frame. I imagine these will take me a while, even after I get back to it. For the present, my physical restrictions preclude that work for some weeks ahead.

Here and there, I did manage to change some of the photo hosting from TinyPic to Imgur.com. Since the TinyPic photos seem to be gone completely, I used the PDF copies Iíd made of the blog pages as a photo source. Itís slow going and somewhat boring, too. The photos are, as of right now, back through post #136. I hope to continue the effort.

Sure wish there were a better way of managing that.

One thing worth noting is that on these photos, Iím not including links to an alternate photo-host just in case. Why? It would be a lot of work. I recommend that as I get a full page updated, that you hit (this works on a Mac, donít know about Windows) Print, PDF, Save As PDF. Youíll have your very own copy. You can probably save the page as an HTML page but thatís a bit of a pain and takes a lot of space. PDF is recommended in spite of its imperfections.

The links to an alternate photo-hosting site have been iffy at best. Iíve primarily used Postage.org, and many of the links I posted now seem to be defunct. I donít know why. Itís frustrating and I donít know what the solution is. I'm thinking of a blog on one the blog-hosting sites, but that seems ambitious.

Dave
Old 12-02-2019, 07:26 AM

Good to hear you are getting closer to being back building Dave, life events sure do get in the way of progress sometimes. Sometimes I went for many months over a period of years without any meaningful progress because of other things taking priority. So long as you keep it warm and dry the project will wait for you.
Regards,
Russell
Old 12-02-2019, 11:05 AM

Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery, Dave. If you can find help to get the turtledeck skin riveted on, I think the canopy fiberglass will be a nice easy way to get back into building. I found the canopy fiberglass layup to be fun and relaxing, and not physically demanding.
Building a new workshop for the RV-8 of my dreams