After reviewing the plans and build manual for a couple months, I jumped right into the empennage kit. I spent a few hours inventorying the kit and everything was present and in great condition. I then started on the rear and front spars.
There are a few tricky spots on the front spar but I was able to get everything cut, bent, and drilled correctly using some tips from other builders. I prepped the ribs and cleco’d the substructure and skins together to see how it all fits. I then got the HS-00005 and HS-00006 ribs lined up, drilled, and cleco’d together and proceeded to match drill all holes in the skins.
Next up is to take everything apart, deburr the edges and all holes, dimple, prime, and get ready to start riveting it all together.