Your product rocks! All of my friends are very impressed with the brightness of the lights. That taillight blazes like the sun!
The soldering of the pieces was a piece of cake. Of course I still managed to solder in one of the wire connectors on BACKWARDS. They're sturdy and survived the fix.
I didn't use the supplied wire for the sub assembly connection. I used pieces of 3 conductor 18 ga for it. I'd recommend that as a good practice for terminating shields. Plus I have as much shielding as I can get since my magnetometer is going out into a wingtip.
Now making the dsub harness for the control board was interesting. I hadn't done a dsub where most of the wires coming in are 18ga. Its a tight fit but it works. That's where I got into trouble. I had black wire for the shields but everything else was white wire... which got me tripped up. Out of the 65+ connections I made I think I had 3 crossed and that ain't bad. No I didn't bother putting labels on every wire
I have video of the entire wiring process including that Eureka moment. I'll be posting those over the next couple of weeks.