What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7 or RV- help! Texas

Hello all, this is my first post. Just joined. I am considering buying an RV-7A or RV-8A very soon.

I am asking if anyone around the Houston area would consider letting me come sit in one to check the size. I am 5'11" and a stealth 220#.

I sat in an RV-6 but he had raised his seats 4-5 inches so it was too tight and my head hit the canopy. I would really like an RV-7 that has been set up and flown by a bigger person, and I would like to sit in an 8 and bring my lovely 115 lbs wife to make sure she likes it back there! maybe there is an airport with both?

I despereatly want to decide between the two as soon as humanly possible. I am prepared to drive anywhere immediatly (in next day or two) and I'll toss you a bottle of spirits (rum) for the effort.

Please call or text me at 281-883-93-two-0

Thanks!

With two people in the aircraft you will find the 8 has much more room but its more about what you like, side by side vs tandem.

Pat

Hello all, this is my first post. Just joined. I am considering buying an RV-7A or RV-8A very soon.

I am asking if anyone around the Houston area would consider letting me come sit in one to check the size. I am 5'11" and a stealth 220#.

I sat in an RV-6 but he had raised his seats 4-5 inches so it was too tight and my head hit the canopy. I would really like an RV-7 that has been set up and flown by a bigger person, and I would like to sit in an 8 and bring my lovely 115 lbs wife to make sure she likes it back there! maybe there is an airport with both?

I despereatly want to decide between the two as soon as humanly possible. I am prepared to drive anywhere immediatly (in next day or two) and I'll toss you a bottle of spirits (rum) for the effort.

Please call or text me at 281-883-93-two-0

Thanks!

Glad to Help

Todd,

I have a RV8 located at KLVJ Pearland Regional, A buddy has a RV7A close by. Feel free to come by this weekend and we can show you around.

PM @ [email protected] or call 281-543-2512

Thanks
Mike

You and your wife will fit in an RV-7A just fine. Take it from me, 5' 10" 250 pounder with my wife, 5' 6" 140 pounder who flew about 250 hours in an RV-6A.

Russ Daves

I would like to sit in an 8 and bring my lovely 115 lbs wife to make sure she likes it back there! maybe there is an airport with both?

Thanks!

I just listed my RV7 for sale! I'm located in Lafayette, La. I fly into Houston often. (David Wayne Hooks)

Call me if interested.

337-303-8511
Blake

If you're planning to buy a flying aircraft, and money is a consideration, don't give up on the -6 just yet. 4-5 inches high on the seats and I'd be hitting the canopy too... I'm just over 5'11" myself. There are extremely comfortable seats that only need a couple of inches right under your backside... Mine are from Classic Aero. You can always add a wedge under the cushion to raise it if needed.

6A at KLVJ/Pearland

I've got my -6A available for a visit tomorrow (I think) so if you're here to visit Mike's 8 and 7, swing by!

I'm a buyer, not a builder, but I don't think my seats are raised, and at 6' 0" and around 190# I'm very comfortable solo or with pax.

N229RV(at)yahoo.com
TwoEightOne 217 SixSix Five Eight

Carl

Last edited:
We can help out!

Hi Todd,

My wife and I are flying to Lone Star Executive (KCXO) tomorrow in our RV-8. (That's about 35 miles from Huffman, TX.) We are going to visit my brother who has a RV-7. We will arrive mid-afternoon on Saturday (22 Dec). You can email me at ronschreck@gmaildotcom or send a private message and I will give you my phone number. You can track me to follow the progress from North Carolina. We can get you and your wife into both airplanes and you are welcome to take a hop in my RV-8 with me.

boshears07016za1.jpg

Pearland it is!

You guys are great! I'll bring gifts and hopefully my wife...I appreciate all the help! I look forward so seeing these planes.

Talk to you soon!

No Joy Yet...

I wasn't able to get with mike saturday. but it seems like thats the place to go where I can see a 7, 8 and a possible 6. (sounds like I am rating single women)

Hoping Sunday I will have better luck. I really want to come out of the tunnel running right after Christmas...

Thanks again everybody and Sly Kyle

Back