What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help with panel upgrade

kaweeka

Well Known Member
I am not the builder of my -9A although I like to think I know my way around mechanical projects. I've rebuild and restored boats and cars and am having a great time learning my -9A over the past year. She came with a very nice, albeit VFR, panel. I would like to upgrade to IFR and have decided, with Stein's help, on a Garmin system. I'm going "all in" with a new panel cut and nearly everything getting replaced. (There will be items for sale at some point). Since I'm still new, is there anyone around the Sacramento/Lincoln area that would like to lend a hand, guidance, teach, etc.? I'm open as to when I start this but having an experienced soul around would go a long way to easing the butterflies.
Thanks in advance,
David

panel help

You should stop by the EAA hanger at Lincoln- hanger S12 on the north end of Lincoln. There are a lot of pilots who have built or are building various RV's who I am sure would be interested in what you are doing. The EAA web page lists upcoming events and meetings http://eaa1541.org

The next chapter meeting is May 18 at 6:30 at the EAA hanger. All are welcome.

I'm working on an RV-14 but I'm only in the preliminary planning stage for the panel. Right now I'm planning on building an IFR panel built around a GTN-650 and at least 1 G3X touch panel and one of the new G5 backup displays. I would be interested to see what you are planning and compare notes.

Back