What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin AP Brackets

jswareiv

Well Known Member
If anyone is working on the wings, can you please answer a question for me? It's been a while and I can't remember how this bracket (W-823-1) was attached (threaded hole, nutplate, nut). I need to take out the right bolt to attach a servo bracket, but if there is a nut on the other side, I don't want it falling into the outboard leading edge which is riveted on. I don't think there is a nut because it is not called out for in the plans. At this point, I want to be sure before I loosen the bolt.

jqkq2q.jpg

Here is that little bracket. Also, I am assuming the roll servo and the pitch servo will mount like the 10. Garmin's instruction manual pictures look just like what we have. If you are ordering the kits, you don't need the bigger brackets, just this smaller support bracket.

35b6lms.jpg

Looking inside the left wing through the LE access panel, you can see the nutplates for the bellcrank brackets attached to to tie-down stiffener. The right wing should be the same.

The lower pic on p 13-01 shows the front side of the spar and you can see the tie-down stiffener with the nut plates on it...

Jake14

# 140158

Bolt

Another builder e-mailed me with the answer about the nut. That bolt screws into the tie down bracket on the other side, so there is no nut. Thank you.

Looking inside the left wing through the LE access panel, you can see the nutplates for the bellcrank brackets attached to to tie-down stiffener. The right wing should be the same.

The lower pic on p 13-01 shows the front side of the spar and you can see the tie-down stiffener with the nut plates on it...

Jake14

# 140158

Yes, thanks Jake.

Back