What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rear Mount Governor

Mitch757

Well Known Member
I'm interested in the PCU-5000X group buy and one of the questions on the spec sheet is for "Control Lever Angle"

For those of you with a rear governor on a 7 or 9, could you tell me what I should put on the spec sheet?

Any photos of the rear of the engine?

Thanks a bunch,

Mitch Garner

RV9A...coming along

I'm interested in the PCU-5000X group buy and one of the questions on the spec sheet is for "Control Lever Angle"

For those of you with a rear governor on a 7 or 9, could you tell me what I should put on the spec sheet?

Any photos of the rear of the engine?

Thanks a bunch,

Mitch Garner

RV9A...coming along

I put 290 on mine but it sounds like basically everyone has to change the angle when installing it. It is easy to change.

I just asked the same questions for the RV-10. What I heard back was everyone needs to adjust a little and it's easy to do.

Make sure you get the rotation direction correct -- actually not sure it makes as much difference with a rear-mounted unit.

I don't know if you guys have emailed Brent yet on getting the forms going but there is FAQ document he sends that helps a bit too. As far as rotation goes here is what is on the form.

Control Lever Rotation. Do I need Clockwise or Counter-Clockwise?
Depends on where your control cable attaches to the lever. The lever rests against the high RPM/low pitch stop,
therefore when trying to determine this, imagine how the lever would rotate as your pull the prop control out,
toward a lower RPM. Whatever the answer is (clockwise or counter-clockwise) is what you would put on the form.

Back