What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G-900X headset noise

Plummit

Well Known Member
We get a static noise in both front headsets (probably the rears too) when we encounter positive G events such as turbulence or even taxi bumps. I've wiggled the headset jacks and made sure the glass screens and audio panel were connected to the extent I could check the plugs.

It is worse when I'm turning (positive G) and hit some bumps. It will completely drown out radio transmissions, but everything is normal in smooth air.

Ideas?

~Marc

Try doing a crew and pilot isolate and see if you still hear it. It could me somebody's mic jack touching ground. That will help to narrow down where the problem is. Once you narrow it down to a jack or two, then remove those jacks from their mounting and let them free/hang with a bag around them so you can be sure there is no ground at the jack. If it persists, then it could be a wire routing through a hole or against a sharp edge that has chafed to the point where it is grounding one of the wires in higher G situations.

Thanks again Jesse, I tried the iso button for the pilot while flying today and the noise was gone! I think it's coming from the pax headset jacks but it will take a little more testing to be sure.

~Marc

Well I finally resolved the issues with the headset noise when I thought to check the rear seat jacks in the plane. There was one jack and an empty hole for the pax seat on the pilot's side. Doh! Found the nut and plastic insulator laying down by the rear seat cushion.... Problem solved! Thanks Jesse and Stein!

~Marc

Back