What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Identifying ECI and Superior Cylinders

rv6ejguy

Well Known Member
Any quick way of telling these apart?

One we have here has "PM" stamped inside the rocker cover area and has wider, squared off rocker shaft bosses plus thicker cooling fins compared to a stock Lycoming 360 jug.

MY IO-375 from Aerosport has ECI jugs and I think the most telling difference between these and other brand cylinders is the fact that the fins taper down from mid jug to the bottom, forming a conical shape that does not fit vans cylinder baffles very well:(

Maybe there are some other way to tell?

MY IO-375 from Aerosport has ECI jugs and I think the most telling difference between these and other brand cylinders is the fact that the fins taper down from mid jug to the bottom, forming a conical shape that does not fit vans cylinder baffles very well:(

Maybe there are some other way to tell?

They also sell cylinders with a "normal" fin arrangement.

I would think there should be a S/N or part number etched or stamped on the cylinders. You should be able to trace that number to the manufacturer.

Part numbers

They also sell cylinders with a "normal" fin arrangement.

I would think there should be a S/N or part number etched or stamped on the cylinders. You should be able to trace that number to the manufacturer.

In general -

ECI parts prefix with AEL

Superior prefix with SL

The part number is stamped on the cylinder somewhere, this shows an ECI location -

image007.jpg

Back