Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 12-30-2019, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben barron View Post
Iím planning a trip with an old friend in my 12 but he is 6-4. Before we set off on this 3 day journey Iím looking for someone near Hayward CA with a 12 that he can come sit in and see if a few 3 hour stints in the 12 will be enjoyable. Iím in the Seattle area, he is in Oakland CA.

Any helpers?
I'm 6'5" and sit in my friends RV-12 with nothing more than a lawn chair pad under my butt, and a moving blanket folded 4x thick taped to the back rest. I've done 2.5 to 3 hours, I'm 61 and still pretty comfortable. Bladder breaks every 2 to 2.5 hours and a walk around and refuel make things more manageable. Don't know if I'd want to do three 2.5 hr stints in an RV-12 on a long spring or early fall day, though. Might cover some ground, but at that point, I'd be considering flying commercial instead.
Old 01-01-2020, 07:47 PM

My friend is about 6í2Ē and finds that pulling out the foam wedge under the seat cushion gives sufficient clearance to the canopy. Might try that first.