What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bi-Fold Hangar Door Plans

Rags

I'm New Here
I know this is an "off the wall" question, but does anyone have any plans available for a hangar bi-fold door, with gearbox, motor info etc.? I am planning on building my own...Thanks! Rags

Bifold Door Plans

When we built our hanger, I too looked at building our door. They are really not very complicated. But, after pricing all the required materials, I found it wasn't but a few hundred dollars more go ahead and buy one from the people who build them all the time (don't want to plug any particular MFGR!). If you don't locate any plans, take a walk around your friendly nieghdorhood airport with a pad and tape measure. I'm sure you can find someoone who'll let you make some notes and sketches of their door.
Good Luck!

I, too, am looking at building and installing a bifold-type door on my hangar. My present 'access hole' is 11'6"H X 40'...
I noticed Trade-A-Plane has a lot of ads on these, BTW.

Jim

We have a Wilson Bi-Fold door on our Hangar/ Home. It is all aluminum and has been sided with cedar lap siding the match the house. They are a great door and seem to be reasonable in price. They are made in Elkhorn, WI. It has been working well for 11 years without a problem. Wilson installed it for us and the home builder sided it.

Back