What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Speaker mounting

Charles in SC

Well Known Member
I know most people do not use them anymore but what are some good ways to mount a radio speaker in a -7.
Thanks in advance!

On one of the F-745 ribs, pointing downwards.

I actually like it...I hear the Skyview boot up when the Master is turned on, and I can get ATIS without having to don the headsets. It's not necessary, but is kinda convenient at times.

Tip-up or slider? Tip-up has a channel between the roll bar and baggage bulkhead that could house a speaker. Several builders (me included) cap it off with a cover and add lights.

Tip-up or slider? Tip-up has a channel between the roll bar and baggage bulkhead that could house a speaker. Several builders (me included) cap it off with a cover and add lights.

Slider, I am thinking about drilling a grid in the rear baggage wall and mounting it to the sheet metal but am hoping to find a better idea.

I put one in the flaps drive housing behind the seats. The speaker is almost useless during flight, but on the ground listening is ok. I also have an extra switch for the radio to switch it on without booting the whole plane.

Back