What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flying with some Yaks

Wonderful on many levels

Great flying.

Nice form demonstration.

Soviet primary trainers flying overhead celebrating the Star Spangled Banner...

Hmm... The in-flight shot isn't the same pass as the shot from the ground? In the in-flight video, black lead (yellow RV) is following a single Yak (formation lead) in trail. In the ground shot, there's another Yak tucked in between black lead and the formation lead...

Nice formation though!

Good catch

We did that 2 times that weekend and on the other flight i had the camera on the bottom of my wing shooting back with no audio.

Im not a fan of big formations but that wasnt too bad. Maybe you noticed the flight lead called us to move up before he had moved the flight in front of us out to the wing. Knowing the guys you fly with helps.

On the initial rejoin the lead turned his flight back into my 4 ship...that was interesting...

Cm

Yaks and CJ's

Very good video, really enjoy the view while you join up. I have flown both airplanes (Yaks and CJ's) but seems the CJ 6's are always called Yaks, that's like calling your RV a Thorp from a different country. For those who wonder, the 3 in the middle are Yak's and the 4 on the ends are CJ's.
Please post more, I have a friend that has a RV-3 and a CJ.

Back