Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Regional Forums > California
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2019, 05:20 PM

Thanks everyone for the feedback. We're now debating between the rv-14 and rv-10...yet again.

Looking thru my log book, I actually do carry a 3rd person in the 172 about 20% of the flights. There have been a couple times where we wish we could take another couple with, but...172.

Doing back of the hand napkin math, it looks like an rv-10 is about $32-35k more. About $14.5k more for the airframe, $14k more for io540, and then I just estimated $5k to $8k more for misc other items. The panel would be nearly the same.
Old 10-05-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzyTazzy View Post
Thanks everyone for the feedback. We're now debating between the rv-14 and rv-10...yet again.
Thereís a couple 10ís and a 14a at Livermore to check out. Better yet, go to Vanís in Oregon where you can sit in both and get your free ride in one. Plus, theyíll answer all your comparison questions.
Old 10-05-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Poindexter - View Post
Thereís a couple 10ís and a 14a at Livermore to check out. Better yet, go to Vanís in Oregon where you can sit in both and get your free ride in one. Plus, theyíll answer all your comparison questions.
Iím one of those guys (-10) at LVK, and would be glad to take you for a short ride. And I have a key to the -10 next door, so you can see what a nice paint job and interior look like (I did my own, and Iím not a great painter.) PM me if interested with your email address.
You can also email Tim Olson - he owns both a -10 and -14!