What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Galvanic Corrosion

MED

Well Known Member
I am installing the aileron push rod connections and wonder if there is a concern for galvanic corrosion in the steel bracket/brass bushing/steel AN bolt joint? Seems like it would be an ideal location. Would appropriate grease help prevent it or would it just make a fine electrolyte in the joints? Is there a good choice of grease here? :confused:

On my 7 I recall the the instructions saying to use your "favorite grease" I just used wheel bearing grease but I recently bought some Corrosion Block brand grease from aircraft spruce, I haven't used it yet but I like the other Corrosion Block products. On other areas where a grease is not required and there is fear of corrosion from dissimilar metals check out Tef Gel. Living on the coast of Florida I consider it a must have in many locations where dissimilar metals are in contact or galling is a possibility.

Thanks for the reply jibby. I ordered a tub of Corrosion Block. The name makes me feel good, anyway.:rolleyes:

Back