What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTN 650xi TAWS Failure

Timberwolf

Well Known Member
Just finished up the install today, got it configured, updated with the card, and getting: Configuration. Terrain/TAWS configuration invalid. GTN needs service.

Looking through the manual the only thing noted is to contact a dealer. I can?t find much else wrt the settings required. I have a valid GPS signal. Anyone else been down this road?

As a side note there was no card in the box for a free database update. Either I?m going crazy or they used to include 1 free update.

GTN Xi Terrain Alert

Just finished up the install today, got it configured, updated with the card, and getting: Configuration. Terrain/TAWS configuration invalid. GTN needs service.

Looking through the manual the only thing noted is to contact a dealer. I can?t find much else wrt the settings required. I have a valid GPS signal. Anyone else been down this road?

As a side note there was no card in the box for a free database update. Either I?m going crazy or they used to include 1 free update.

Shane,

In the Terrain Settings in configuration mode (GTN Options), there are two selections you can choose from, Terrain Proximity and Terrain Alerting. Which do you have selected?

For the database download, please send us an email to [email protected] with your tail number included and we can get it taken care of for you.

Thanks,

Justin

Back