What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Spin testing on the RV-14

Mounz

I'm curious to know what the spin characteristics on the RV-14 are like as compared to the RV-6 and RV-7. Undoubtedly, Van's would have done exhaustive tests.

I would be interested in learning about the spin characteristics as well.

Would also be great to see that video of the landing gear drop testing.

Calling RV builder 2002 - Scott do you know anything about spin testing done on the RV -14?

Yes.

An extensive test program was done using a hired professional test pilot that specializes in that type of test flying.

Video clips of many of the different tests (spin, landing gear, etc.) have been included in forum presentations. There is a plan to get some of the videos up on the web site but it is a low priority project because of other more important projects.... such as getting the remaining kits out the door.

Thanks for the reply Scott, I would love to see these videos when they are available.

BTW can you check the availability/status of the landing light kit? I would like to instal some lights before the wing tips go on. I could just buy some lights but the kit does not come with retainer brackets and it looks like the design is intended to use some sort of bracket that allows beam adjustability/aiming. I don't want to screw them directly into the hard mounted bracket that is riveted in the structure.

Back