What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RVs Spring Trip to Bahamas

tommylewis

Well Known Member
Three RVs, two RV14a and one RV7a, flew over to the Bahamas last Sat for a week of sun.

Here we are prior to departure from Ft Pierce.
IMG_0622.jpg

The pink house on the point is our rental for the week at Hopetown.
IMG_0753.jpg

View from beach of the pink house.
IMG_0820.jpg

Our crew of three couples on our beach walk yesterday.
IMG_0836.jpg

Keep pounding those rivets!

More

West End of Grand Bahamas Island was a welcome sight after some over water flying. If you check our Spot track, you will see we had a little more water flying to do because of Trump's TFR.

IMG_0673.jpg

One of the islands in the Abaco Island, I think Great Guana
IMG_0740.jpg

Elbow Key where we are staying
IMG_0746.jpg

A lot of heavy iron at Marsh Harbour.
IMG_0774.jpg

Crew at dinner last night
IMG_0857.jpg

Crystal clear water for snorkeling just off beach
IMG_0853.jpg

Last edited:
Nice!

Thats on our to do list (once I get the M2 up and flying). We dive annually with Atlantic Edge at Stuart Coves (lionfish clean up) and would be cool to explore other islands.

Whats the scoop on ADSB etc for the Bahamas? I'm only planning 968 out......

Last edited:
ADSB

Thats on our to do list (once I get the M2 up and flying). We dive annually with Atlantic Edge at Stuart Coves (lionfish clean up) and would be cool to explore other islands.

Whats the scoop on ADSB etc for the Bahamas? I'm only planning 968 out......

There is no equipment for ADSB in the Bahamas, no requirement to equip your aircraft and not likely the Bahamian government is going to institute the standard anytime soon.

Todays trip

Today we rented a boat. Keith & Chris loaded and ready to go.

IMG_0859.jpg

Captain Brad and Cathy as we motor out
IMG_0860.jpg

Brad and Keith in the water to snorkel At Pelican Cays Land and Sea Park. Buoys are positioned along the edge of the
Coral reef to tie boats to so you do not damage the reef with anchors.
IMG_0224.jpg

Great snorkeling! Lots of fish and coral. Cheapie underwater camera did ok.
IMG_0230.jpg

Some rays.
IMG_0244.jpg

More fish.
IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

Lunch at Pete's Pub and Gallery at Little Harbor.

IMG_0882.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

Great day with good friends.

Last edited:
My wife and I went there in 2015 had a great time. On the south
End of Elbow Cay there is a long beach where you can walk out 300 or so feet in about 3 foot of water. Great snorkeling area

We rented bikes one day. A golf cart for a couple and a boat and with the waves we could not see that welk and ended up back at Marsh Harbour we actually did not know where we were. But the deck hand told us.
We folkowed the Ferry back to Hopetown

Have a great time

Jack & Anita

Last edited:
Some day when I grow up, I want to be just like Tom and Bonnie, gallivanting about via RV.

Another day in paradise!

Thanks for everyone's comments. Have not posted a lot since frequently the wifi speed sucks when traveling but got good wifi connect here so thought we would share.

Bonnie and I on the boat ride back yesterday. This was before it started to rain. We got soaked but it was at the end of the day so we had a good day.
IMG_3983.jpg

Today's beach walk. It is better in the Bahamas!
IMG_3987.jpg

It still amazes me 11 years after Mel inspected and finalized the license of our RV7a, that it would be a magic carpet to take us on all these wonderful trips.

Tom, Bonnie-----good to see you still putting the miles on the planes.

Great write up as allays, thanks for sharing.

Jack,
That beach is Tahiti Beach. Love the place.

I just noticed the other day that my sticker is a couple of years old. Time to renew and make a three day weekend of Hope Town Lodge.
Tommy and Bonnie know how to do it right.

Last day

Sunset last night.
IMG_4003.jpg

Dinner last night
IMG_4019.jpg

Tomorrow we fly back to Florida, spend a couple days at Sun n Fun before flying back to TX.

Back