What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Grand Rapids EIS

Weasel

Well Known Member
I am having a hard time deciding how to set up the pages so that they are easy to interpret due to not having data labels.

Anyone care to show the configuration you like?

Grt eis

Example: 2300/30 7.5 350
70/180 4.0 1200

Rpm/ map, fuel flow,highest cht
Oil pressure/ oil temp ,fuel pressure, highest EGt.

My home page.

No data

For constant speed prop I use main page RPM, MP, CHT on top.
Oil px/temp, fuel px, EGT below.

I keep CHT page, EGT page (and leaning and cruise pages of course).
I delete all graphical pages. Don't find them useful.

After that I have OAT, volts, flightime.

Last page is fuel calculations.

Love EIS. Very reliable and very accurate.

I am having a hard time deciding how to set up the pages so that they are easy to interpret due to not having data labels.

Anyone care to show the configuration you like?

Quite the indicator of how far some of the industry has come in the last couple of decades.

Leave the display set up as a fuel totalizer, and put the rest on an EFIS page.

I recently discovered that if you hold the display button down, it will show you the labels being displayed on the custom screens.

I do second Dan's recommendation to use the EFIS as the primary engine monitoring display.

Quite the indicator of how far some of the industry has come in the last couple of decades.

If you don't like the way it looks (IMHO it does look outdated) you can remote mount it and feed the data to a GRT EFIS, and then you have a modern system.
If you cannot afford an EFIS, or want a stand-alone backup, it does the job. Personally I like that big red light that comes on if there's no oil pressure.

Exactly! Changing to something else since this is already operating does not interest me

Leave the display set up as a fuel totalizer, and put the rest on an EFIS page.
If I were in the design phase....this is already running on a minimalist type installation. I am only trying to use it as built.

If you don't like the way it looks (IMHO it does look outdated) you can remote mount it and feed the data to a GRT EFIS, and then you have a modern system.
If you cannot afford an EFIS, or want a stand-alone backup, it does the job. Personally I like that big red light that comes on if there's no oil pressure.

Thanks for the examples. I will come up with something. It has a fixed pitch prop and carburetor.

Currently thinking.
Top line - RPM/MAP Oil temp/pressure
Bottom line - FuelL/FuelR Fuel flow Hottest CHT

Even with the antiquated look i prefer the data on the panel because it allows me to use the pair of efis displays for something else.

I have never customized my EIS. The boot screen is perfect for engine start. It's the only instrument that is on during start since it has been (as planned) immune to voltage swings when starting.

A configuration that has become common for me is to put the EIS on the 4 EGT lean page, split engine and long distance map on one efis, pfd and short distance map on the other efis. Short map is for the emergency turn and close ADSB traffic. Long map it for strategic planning. Weather mostly.

The engine split has all the data I need except 4 cyl get detail so that is what the EIS is good for.

Last edited:
Back