What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flap positions

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
I'm attaching my flap motor and the sensor for flap position behind it. Can someone send a pic of the flap actuator at the max extended position? My sense of it is if I put the sensor at the lowest position in the screw slots it will be right when calibrated later..... It is harder to get a screwdriver on it later though when the actuator is bolted in all the way.

And thank goodness I put the sensor in now instead of later. I'd hate to have to pull those flap tubes out again....

I'm attaching my flap motor and the sensor for flap position behind it. Can someone send a pic of the flap actuator at the max extended position? My sense of it is if I put the sensor at the lowest position in the screw slots it will be right when calibrated later..... It is harder to get a screwdriver on it later though when the actuator is bolted in all the way.

And thank goodness I put the sensor in now instead of later. I'd hate to have to pull those flap tubes out again....

Is the flap position sensor part of the kit from Vans? If not, what are you using?

I bought vans kit. The little slots in the aft side of the flap motor bracket accept the little ray Allen sensor perfectly.

Back