What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The adventure begins!

SabreFlyr

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I inspected Lloyd Chaffin's QB -14 kit, serial 140212, yesterday and am now making arrangements for Tony Partain, who I spoke with earlier this week, to deliver the kit to me from the Lone Star State. Lloyd and his brother-in-law built the vertical stab (and did a very good job, from what I can see!) while getting out of the way of a fiberglassing expert working on the BIL's RV-7. Other than that, the kit is pretty much untouched. I love the way Lloyd has organized and labeled all of the small parts. I only wish that I could do the build in his BEAUTIFUL shop! :D

Lloyd, now you can place the G3X order for your -8A. Enjoy!

I can only hope and pray that the project goes as smooth as this deal has. Even worked out that a company flight got me to the Metroplex for a couple of days so Lloyd and I could seal the deal. Even worked out for one of our crews to skip the airlines for a trip home from Bombardier recurrent training on one of our Lear 45's.

Hi Ray Dosh! Nice to pull up VAF and see someone from my hometown of Marion! I left there right after graduation from MHS in 1976 for the navy. Except for high school reunions, I've never been back. I'm now living in Lillian, Alabama.

Enjoy your build!
p.s. In 2006, I also used Tony Partains service when my 7A was delivered from the mothership. Good move!

Last edited:
Hi Ray Dosh! Nice to pull up VAF and see someone from my hometown of Marion! I left there right after graduation from MHS in 1976 for the navy. Except for high school reunions, I've never been back. I'm now living in Lillian, Alabama.

Enjoy your build!
p.s. In 2006, I also used Tony Partains service when my 7A was delivered from the mothership. Good move!

Just missed ya'! I moved here in '80 after graduating from Purdue.

Back