What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Smoke

Home brew

I used 2 parts paraffin based hydraulic oil and 1 part diesel to thin it down a little. seems to work just fine.

Where did you guys put the oil tank? I might be the only one to have put it in the "battery box" location. But aft CG was a problem on my FP O-320 4

Where did you guys put the oil tank? I might be the only one to have put it in the "battery box" location. But aft CG was a problem on my FP O-320 4

It was installed in the rear passenger seat floor. Makes W&B simple and I intend to use it 1-up dong acro. It will remove quickly to reinstall the seat cushions.

Paul

You put it in the battery box spot too!! For my RV-4 that was the only place to go for weight and balance purposes. I love it, never have to worry about back seat weight, if they can fit between the longerons I'll be in CG! (I'm joking, I do check their weight, but this is pretty close to accurate).

My tank is a little "above" where yours it, it extends up vertically about 6 inches, ended up with a little over 4 gal of smoke oil for airshow routines. Great minds think alike on smoke tanks!

Jon

Back