What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Just about to order my wings

rsr3

Well Known Member
Hi folks,

Just about to order my wings for RV7. I?ve read things such as upgraded fuel caps are worthwhile, are there any suggestions you would make before I place the order?

Thanks

Rob

Longerons

Yes, deluxe cap kit is nice. Conduit is good but some have other opinions.
Buy the Cleveland tie down kit. The anchor plates are tapped. Mount them so the plate is flush to the skin.
Since Van's ships the fuse longerons with the wing spars, add an extra one or two longerons. Cheap to buy, expensive the ship of you make a mistake.

Here are the extras I added to mine. DEFINITELY get extra longerons just in case. I didn't end up needing them but man that shipping would have sucked!!!

Delete standard fuel caps 2.00
Extra Longerons F-718 2.00
Deluxe Locking Fuel Cap FUEL CAP DELUX W/LOCK 2.00
Pre-built Fuel Pickup F FUEL TANK PU W/SCRN 1.00
Flop Tube IF-4/6 1.00
Nylon Conduit DUCT NT5/8-50 1.00
Bellcrank Jig W-730 1.00
Tank Test kit FUEL TANK TEST KIT 1.00
Angle .125 3/4 x 3/4 6ft AA6-125X3/4X3/4X6' 1.00
Angle .125 1 x 1 6ft. AA6-125X1X1X6' 1.00
Angle .063 3/4 x 3/4 6ft. AA6-063X3/4X3/4X6' 1.00

I got the non-locking deluxe fuel caps.
Some large flange hinge pieces if you want to do the hidden hinge wing tip attachment method.
The other suggestions are good.

Buy the Cleveland tie down kit. The anchor plates are tapped. Mount them so the plate is flush to the skin.
Since Van's ships the fuse longerons with the wing spars, add an extra one or two longerons. Cheap to buy, expensive the ship of you make a mistake.

I wish I knew about the Cleaveland tie down kit. Tapping the aluminum wasn't fun plus those tie down rings look really nice. I would have definitely splurged for those. A good value.

Back