What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wire routing solutions

Anna

Hi again folks,

Please, could you share some pictures of your wiring solution through the Vans RV8 fuselage?

I will install my battery in the backside of the aircraft...
How did you route all the wires through the fuselage to not interfere with all the control push rods?

Thank you very much for your support!

Best wishes,
Anna

Here's a link to my builders website with a lot of pictures showing the wire routing. I also placed the battery in the rear location and I used the forward baggage compartment well as the location for the main bus, emergency bus, voltage regulator and Plasma III electronic ignition. It's an easy location to have a couple of firewall pass throughs, one for the high voltage wires and one for the sensor wires. All the wiring under the floor boards passed through the two additional holes on either side of the wing spar box with snap bushings as per the plans, then up through both gear towers. Some additional wiring (ELT, trim relay, flap control and strobe control box) passed under the right canopy sill and right arm rests. You can get pretty creative routing wiring without drilling any additional holes. You also might want to get Vans additional drawings OP-10 and OP-11 for basic wiring layouts. It's a good place to start.

Last edited:
Thank you! The pictures help al lot! :)
I requested the additional drawings from Vans. I see it's not that critical. I will put the wires where it makes sense and go the easiest way...
Thanks,
Anna

Back