What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

P60 G2 Primer Source

djborko11

Having a difficult time finding a source for the stuff online. Skygeek has it listed out of stock for quite a while now (months). Anyone know of a reliable source ?

SW Aero products is the ticket, automotive folks I spoke with locally couldn't help. They found a distributor 90 mi down the road that has more than 50 gal in stock. Tricky not being a commercial operation, but when I told them I was building a Vans RV their attitude changed. It will be delivered to my shop tomorrow.

FWIW: P60G2 is ~$119 a gallon, R7K44 ~$60 gal, need 1.5x primer so you need to buy 2 gal. FedEx gnd shipping only.

P60G2

SW Aero products is the ticket, automotive folks I spoke with locally couldn't help. They found a distributor 90 mi down the road that has more than 50 gal in stock. Tricky not being a commercial operation, but when I told them I was building a Vans RV their attitude changed. It will be delivered to my shop tomorrow.

FWIW: P60G2 is ~$119 a gallon, R7K44 ~$60 gal, need 1.5x primer so you need to buy 2 gal. FedEx gnd shipping only.

For what it's worth
I mix 1 part primer: 2 parts catalyst
I had to buy a second gallon of primer and barely touched it. Everything is primed inside.
I think I could have done it with one had I known what I know now.

Any SW store with the right employee

Any SW store can get it. BUT the employee at the store has to be motivated as they have to drill down through the proper channels to get the P60.

I was lucky...I watched the young manager at my store work the system and broke through the bureaucracy to get my primer. He was smart and persistent ;)

Ant SW store with the right employee

Any SW store can get it. BUT the employee at the store has to be motivated as they have to drill down through the proper channels to get the P60.

I was lucky...I watched the young manager work the system and broke through the bureaucracy to get my primer. He was smart and persistent ;)

Sherwin WIlliams P60 G2

The can is identified as Industrial Wash Primer. In Salem, OR area there are about 3 SW stores, but only the Lancaster Drive store is identified as selling commercial products, according to an employee. Most stores will not list it as available due to hazardous issues with the product. They only want to sell it to a knowledgeable buyer. I purchased one gallon in the last 6 months, and the gallon can looked like it was very old, due to rust on the lid, etc. but the product was good. The gallon sells for about $118 but the employee selling it to me reduced the price to $59, due the old inventory.

Bottom line you need to go to a store that sells SW commercial products.

I like the product a lot when reduced 2 to 1 and then shot with a gravity feed detail gun with a 1.2 orifice.

If your looking at Sherwin Williams wash primer products in the automotive line, you'll be paying a lot more than P60.

Jake Thiessen
Independence, OR

Back