What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pneumatic pop riveter

Aerosporty

Wow gang. I wore out my right hand with the pop rivet gun and cleco plyers on the rudder. Cramps, tunnel carpol? So I bought a $70 pneumatic pop rivet gun from Northern tool. It's a dream. Wish I bought it before I built the wings. I recommend the addition to your toolbox!

Wow gang. I wore out my right hand with the pop rivet gun and cleco plyers on the rudder. Cramps, tunnel carpol? So I bought a $70 pneumatic pop rivet gun from Northern tool. It's a dream. Wish I bought it before I built the wings. I recommend the addition to your toolbox!

Might I also recommend a pneumatic cleco runner from Pan American. It also, is just what the doctor ordered when you have loads of clecos to install and/or remove.

P.S. I still use my pliers too, in order mantain my "handshake of death.":D

Mike , same as the RV-10 so far . Maybe less, as shorter parts. I have the pneumatic gun and have not used it on either RV. My hands are fine and I work with them every day. I can see it would help someone with hand problems but for me just the pain of dragging the air hose , I use the hand squeezer.

I got the cheapy one from Harbor Freight and it has worked flawlessly. There are plenty of pull rivets on the RV-9A.

Back