What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder stiffener holes

TedsNumberOneSon

I am going to do what it says in the plans on page 7-09 step 3 and only rivet the forward of the two holes in the stiffeners but I have searched high and low and can't find where the back two get riveted. Maybe the don't. I am curious and wonder if they were there for jigging or forming or some other reason adn don't get a rivet.

Back to the shop.

That step says to rivet both holes of the front pair of holes and only the front hole of the aft pair of holes. Three rivets total per stiffener. The very back one of the four holes is not used.

And that is what I saw too and did. I am jsut curious at this point because those holes are forever buried. May RVBuilder2002 will offer some insight tomorrow. Thanks for the reply. I tell you that rudder horn stiffener was a booger to do but it's in to and tomorrow is counterbalance rib and from spar. Cotton pickin day job.

And that is what I saw too and did. I am jsut curious at this point because those holes are forever buried. May RVBuilder2002 will offer some insight tomorrow. Thanks for the reply. I tell you that rudder horn stiffener was a booger to do but it's in to and tomorrow is counterbalance rib and from spar. Cotton pickin day job.

Did you ever find out the reasoning for this?

Back