What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prop Governor Question

Guenthfa

I'm building an RV-7 with a O-360 Lycoming and rear mounted prop governor. The governor I have is a Woodward H210681. I ordered Vans governor/cable bracket for a Woodward governor. I sent the governor to a governor repair shop for cleaning and bench test. The shop owner is telling me I have to spend another $500 for a special part on the governor to fit a special bracket to make it work.

This doesn't sound right to me. Is anyone else using this combination? Have a picture of the install?

Thank you

I have been flying a Woodward governor (do not remember the part number) that I purchased NEW from VAN for more than 10-years and 2,052+ hours. I have used Van's bracket without problems the entire time.

Not enough info to answer but....

I'm building an RV-7 with a O-360 Lycoming and rear mounted prop governor. The governor I have is a Woodward H210681. I ordered Vans governor/cable bracket for a Woodward governor. I sent the governor to a governor repair shop for cleaning and bench test. The shop owner is telling me I have to spend another $500 for a special part on the governor to fit a special bracket to make it work. However it is a PART, $500 is not a surprise.

This doesn't sound right to me. Is anyone else using this combination? Have a picture of the install?

Thank you
Well with out knowing what the special part he's talking about or his comment of why the existing part would not work I am guessing.

What model of 210681 do you have a J210681, F210681 or H210681. I think they all will work but the "J" is off a continental C-182. It will work on a Lyc but forget there is something about that model that makes it different. $500 different I don't recall.

What was the charge for the bench test and cleaning alone?

As far as the bracket, it just bolts on to the back with the existing screws. There's a little clocking trick, but don't recall special parts. You have to ask him what part and WHY the old one will not work. There may be a good reason? It may have something to do with rotation direction, lever or something? Will using a different bracket solve the problem? Is the lever the issue it self? I guess you could make one cheaper than $500.

It's not a MUST to use Van's bracket. You may have to make your own bracket or modify it. For a second pro opinion try this number: in WA state, (253) 848-3188, Prop Gov WA, Tracy. They can straighten it out I'm sure.

Last edited:
Back