What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

which prop

HansLab

Well Known Member
All, which prop actually is ment for the RV12? On Sensenichs site I can only find a GA composite prop ment for Lycoming engines. I thought this RV12 prop was somehow adjusted to the 912?

Usually manufactures charge more for their products than do their dealers. If that were not the case, then dealers would refuse to sell the manufactures' products. Contact Van's Aircraft about the RV-12 propeller.

The RV-12 prop is supplied directly by Van's as part of the powerplant kit. It's a Sensenich ground-adjustable, fixed-pitch prop designed for the Rotax engine.

Would it be worth to spend an extra 4500$ ?

The RV-12 runs very close the max speed allowed for LSA in the US. This is accomplished with Rotax 912ULS and the 2-blade ground-adjustable Sensenich prop furnished by Vans.

My 12 easily cruises at 135 mph IAS even at low altitudes. Initial climb with two people onboard and full fuel is nearly 1000 fpm. I have flown cross-country with a Piper Cherokee 180 operating at 65% power and can easily match speed. Likewise, I have flown with plenty of Cessna 172 Skyhawks in the traffic pattern and can pass them in climb every time.

So, to answer your question, at $4500 USD I don?t think you?ll get a return on your investment. I don?t know if Europe allows in-flight adjustable props, but that might be worth considering.

As a reference, at Van's we can sell the Sensenich 2AOR5R70EN-V prop for the RV-12 outside the powerplant kit, for $1,850 (cost as of this posting, plus cost of shipping).

As a reference, at Van's we can sell the Sensenich 2AOR5R70EN-V prop for the RV-12 outside the powerplant kit, for $1,850 (cost as of this posting, plus cost of shipping).

Greg
I have repeatedly tried to find the part number for this prop as I was toying with ordering it recently.
I am only partially computer savy.
Could you put the Van?s part number on here for me?
John

Greg
I have repeatedly tried to find the part number for this prop as I was toying with ordering it recently.
I am only partially computer savy.
Could you put the Van?s part number on here for me?
John

Hey there John,

To order the prop separate from the -12 powerplant kit I believe requires a call to the Van's kit team. The Van's part number from the plans is "2A0R570EN-V COMPOSITE PROP-12" but you wont find it in our web store as a separate item, so there's not a part number you can order with per se. With the Sensenich part number 2AOR5R70EN-V the folks whom you talk to on the phone can help.

Hope that helps!

greg

Back