What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-14 lower fuselage installation

Dennis Harm

When installing the f-01479 aft bottom skin page 10-17 they show it going between the f-01410 bulkhead and the lower skin but on the sides does it go on the inside or the outside of the f-01486b-l and r lower stiffeners. The drawings are kind of unclear on where it goes thanks Dennis

Lower fuse

Talked to vans tech support Thursday night the f-1479 lower skin goes between the stiffeners and the side skins. Thanks for the reply. This will allow the two skins to join together better with no gap that I had before.

So it does go between the 1410 bulkhead and the skin as well as between the J stiffeners and the side skin. Hmm..... more or less inside everything. I'm gonna have to take out some more clecos and add a little more cussin and spittin. Thanks for the post. VAF comes to the rescue again.

I ran into this the other day and think this should be made clearer in the manual at the next revision.

I will do it and if I get good results on what I do I will try to add it to the Gotchas list. I looked there first and did not find it there driving me the forums.

Back