What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Echo and Mini I-pad 4

Darren Kerns

Well Known Member
Does anyone have any advice they could share on using a Mini I-pad 4 with the Echo.

Getting ready to install the Echo in my 7.

I have an old, old, old I phone 4. Don't laugh at me but I love it. It does everything I want it to do.

Just thought about getting me a new Mini I-pad 4 from Best Buy.

I will be showing weather and traffic on my right AFS 3400s screen. Just like the mini on my leg or knee.

Also, should I get the bigger GB?

Thanks to all,
Darren Kerns
RV7 N599DT

iPad Mini

My Mini-4 128GB is running Foreflight and utilizes weather, traffic, and GPS data from the EchoUAT.

There is a debate whether you need a Mini with an internal GPS or not. I have been using Minis for several years with WIFI only and have never had any regrets. Note that I also have an iPad with internal GPS and active cell data, but don't really see much advantage...flame-on folks!

Ron B.

Mini running iFly, WingX, FlyQ with Echo SkyFx

Work great --- also on my AFS 5600T.

Ron

Question for guys... How quickly does your mini iPad link to the Echo? I just installed Echo and run Mini iPad 3 with ForeFlight. Says no data until I go into iPad settings and look at WiFi and is shows Echo. When I return to FF it begins to show traffic and Wx.

Back