What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Page 25-04 step 1

iamtheari

Well Known Member
Back on page 25-02, it has the note that only left side parts will be shown. Step 1 on page 25-04 says to drill and dimple a single F-01438-R Cover Rib. It seems to me that this should also be done for a single F-01438-L Cover Rib for the right side of the plane, but the instructions are ambiguous on that point. Just thought I'd check here for confirmation, even though I already drilled and dimpled both of them. :)

The first page is always the over view of the assembly in that section and will show all relevant parts and can be used to determine when there are left and right parts.

You didn't mention page 03 but it also has left and right parts as well.

The NOTE on page 02 applies to all pages in the section.

The first page is always the over view of the assembly in that section and will show all relevant parts and can be used to determine when there are left and right parts.

You didn't mention page 03 but it also has left and right parts as well.

The NOTE on page 02 applies to all pages in the section.
I get that. The note itself is clear: It applies throughout the section. The ambiguity is the specific reference on page 04 to the -R part, when the other side would have a -L part in that position. It's fairly obvious what is right, but I don't want to make assumptions even about seemingly obvious things.

I guess the statement should say "only the left or right side parts, assemblies, or installations will be shown"

Sometimes because of a specific figure or view being used it works out that the R side ends up being shown.

You are the only one to mention it so I guess everyone else has assumed the obvious as well ;)

I guess the statement should say "only the left or right side parts, assemblies, or installations will be shown"

Sometimes because of a specific figure or view being used it works out that the R side ends up being shown.

You are the only one to mention it so I guess everyone else has assumed the obvious as well ;)
Someone told me there is no such thing as a stupid question, and I have been out to prove him wrong ever since.

Back