What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

R-01211

Floresb18

This may be a really dumb question and hope I haven't missed anything but I have wrapped up the Empennage/Tailcone section and the only left over part I have is R-01211 which is labeled as a Spar Stub on the inventory sheet. I have gone back through the plans and the revisions on Vans and cannot find out where this piece belongs. HELP PLEASE!!??.. :D:confused:

R means it is a rudder part.

It is shown on page 1 and page 4 of Section 7 (Rev. 1, 1/26/18)

Thanks Scott, I do not see any revisions for section 7 or any revisions dated for January on the website under the 12 or 12iS sections. I have a screenshot I can send you if you would like to see.

Hi Brandon,

I didn?t see a revised Section 7 on the website either, but I downloaded the new Section 11, and on many of the pages, I noticed a row of rivets on the R-1201 rudder skin directly in front of the trim tab. My rudder doesn?t have that row of rivets, and my kit didn?t come with that part! My guess is the row of rivets is used to attach the R-01211.

Scott, what is the purpose of the R-01211? Is this something we should add to a rudder that has already been built, but isn?t flying or painted?

Thanks,

Hi Brandon,

I didn’t see a revised Section 7 on the website either, but I downloaded the new Section 11, and on many of the pages, I noticed a row of rivets on the R-1201 rudder skin directly in front of the trim tab. My rudder doesn’t have that row of rivets, and my kit didn’t come with that part! My guess is the row of rivets is used to attach the R-01211.

Scott, what is the purpose of the R-01211? Is this something we should add to a rudder that has already been built, but isn’t flying or painted?

Thanks,

Looking at it now its pretty obvious where it goes and how, but I still want to see the plans. Going to give Vans a call during the next Tech hours window and see about getting a copy of the plans.

Last edited:
Back