What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

LOE 2015 - Success!

bhassel

Well Known Member
Land Of Enchantment 2015 - Success!

Our crew (Jan, my father in-law Bill and me) drove down to KAEG this morning for the 2015 version of LOE (that's Land Of Enchantment). As soon as I walked in the gate, I saw a line of 4 RV looking aircraft that were setting apart from everyone else. It turns out it was 'Chile Flight' the NM RV performance team. There was an RV-3, RV-4, RV-8 and a Harmon II Rocket.

IMG_1507.JPG

RV-4

IMG_1508.JPG

RV-3

IMG_1511.JPG

RV-8

IMG_1513.JPG

Harmon Rocket II

I got there just ahead of there second performance of the day!

IMG_1521.JPG

Here they are lined up for takeoff...

While traffic was clearing and they were waiting for takeoff I saw this beautiful Stearman...

IMG_1523.JPG

Carbon Cub's SW Dealer was there from Phoenix with this beautiful Carbon Cub LSA (more later)

IMG_1524.JPG

IMG_1550.JPG

In the distance was the Beaver from Santa Fe

IMG_1565.JPG

Our chapter President (building an RV-7) often gets to fly, in the first officer position. I asked about the hot tub in the back but he said it was deflated. Man that's a BIG plane.

Last edited by a moderator:
And a Bird Dog...

IMG_1526.JPG

IMG_1543.JPG

Opps, it looks like Chile Flight is rolling...

IMG_1529.JPG

IMG_1538.JPG

This beautiful Christen Eagle was owned by none other than the Harmon Rocket Pilot...its a rough life.

IMG_1548.JPG

Wait - there they go...I gotta quit looking at all these beautiful airplanes...

IMG_1556.JPG

IMG_1562.JPG

Of course the Sub-Sonex Jet hopped over from Moriarty.

IMG_1571.JPG

Last edited:
Wait, in the distance, isn't that a factory built RV-12?

IMG_1582.JPG

Yelp! Jim Cox flew up from Santa Teresa, NM with his RV-12 SLSA. He said he loves it and its a great cross country machine!

We had to look and see if there were holes in the wing tip as the metal bends around, in the factory version like there is in ours. Yes!!! I don't have to redo that one!

IMG_1583.JPG

IMG_1584.JPG

IMG_1587.JPG

Even though I'm very partial to the 12, there were many other homebuilts there as well, including one of only 13 flying Skyotes.

IMG_1593.JPG

IMG_1596.JPG

A Volksplane...

IMG_1601.JPG

Dave Bice was there with his beautiful Bearhawk...

IMG_1607.JPG

IMG_1610.JPG

His attention to detail and incredible metal work were outstanding...

IMG_1618.JPG

Last edited:
LOE 2015-Success

Bob, I didn't get a chance to talk with you Sat.. REALLY nice pix. Some I'll add to my Rocket and Eagle scrapbook. Please stop and say hi next time.

Thanks all! I had a great time looking and drooling.

Silver Eagle I left you a message just now.

Bob

So what am I missing here? Are we having 2 LOEs now? Calendar shows LOE is 16-18 Oct. 2015

love the skyote. Might have to build one after the 4. You can't get by with just 1 airplane.

Back