What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vfe for RV-9A

Build9A

Well Known Member
I have been trying to locate guidance on the Vfe for the RV9A. I have seen others POHs where they are using 85 mph or 100 mph. I have an early builders manual and mine doesn't give a number. At least that I can find. What is the correct flap extension speed? And where did you find it? thanks, Jack N489JE flying for 5.6 hrs.

Van's Airspeed Indicator Ranges

I have a true airspeed indicator that I ordered from Van's installed in my panel. The white arc for flap operations is from 49 to 90 MPH. The Vne RED line is at 210 MPH. You can check with Van's tech support to be sure that those numbers are correct. There is a good photo of it on my web page 75.

http://www.n2prise.org/rv9a075.htm

Jerry K. Thorne
RV-9A N2PZ
www.n2prise.org

90 mph for full flaps. Some people also use 100mph for 10 degrees of flaps. I've talked to people that have used 100mph for full flaps and have had some damage to their flaps.

Vfe

Vans tech support says 90 mph. Also, said it was in section 15 of the manual. I'm going to check when i get home, cause I really don't remember it being there. thanks, Jack N489JE

p.s. I think I have one of the first RV9 manuals that didn't get updated when they edited the 6 manual to make it work for the 9. my manual also says it has 40 degrees of flap travel. You will find (I think) that you can only get 30 degrees of flaps, which is correct for the 9.

Back