What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Baggage sides don't fit the frame

PaulvS

Well Known Member
I am installing the baggage compartment sides F-650 into the fuse frame but the bend lines for the flanges do not match the frame. There is one horizontal flange that attaches to the F-622 side rib and a vertical flange that attaches to the F-606 bulkhead. The flanges are out of alignment with the frame parts by about 1/4" at the flange ends. I measured F-650 versus plans (there is a R11 noted) and it looks like it was not bent right at the factory 25 yrs ago.

The fwd baggage sides F-649 fit fine, so I don't think the problem is to do with the fuse frame.

I'm considering either cutting off and riveting on a new flange in the correct position, or making new F-650 parts from scratch. Vans shop lists F-650 for around $30 each, I don't know how long it would take to get here, exchange rate is really lousy at the moment.

Any ideas on how best to fix?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I don't have a clear mental picture of the problem, but those rear baggage side panels should be pretty easy to make if you have the stock.

Replaced

Thanks Colin, that helped. I got some stock to make replacement panels and bent the new flanges to match the bulkhead, for a much better fit.

Back