Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 09-09-2018, 09:49 AM

Default Canopy questions

Hey all,

38-22 concerns using a feeler gauge. What am I trying to do here? A.) Create a parallel gap between the canopy and the skin or B.) create a section of canopy parallel to the skin without a gap or C.) chamfer the inside edge of the canopy so it is not in contact with the skin, D.) reduce surrounding gaps or E.) something else?

If that edge is chamfered, visually not in contact with the skin, and there is consistent contact / gap thru that section and the entire leading edge, is the job done?

Further, if, in this process, the edge is reduce below 3/32, to 2/32 shall I sand that edge back to 3/32 and maybe creating a little gap between the canopy edge and the skin as a consequence?

Thanks
- Dues paid 11/2017 * 2
Old 09-09-2018, 11:50 AM

There is some relevant discussion about fitting the canopy on this thread:http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...ghlight=feeler
Old 09-09-2018, 07:17 PM

Thanks, I did read that prior to posting but it does not get to the goal of the task. I am trying to figure out what is critical in a task that will have several criteria to balance.
- Dues paid 11/2017 * 2