VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 09-06-2018, 08:36 AM

Default Lots of RV3 stuff

I find myself awash in projects, and it’s time to do a little thinning. To that end, I’m offering my collection of RV3 kits and components as a single lot. Here’s what I’ve got:

Fuselage kit, complete to the best of my knowledge and untouched. About five years old.

Empennage kit, also about five years old. The horizontal rear spar was built, but the kit is otherwise untouched.

A second empennage kit. I’m uncertain as to the completeness or age, but I've had it in storage for about ten years and I believe most of it is there. I’ll have to double check, but I believe the vertical and horizontal skins were upgraded to .020” thick.

A Todd’s canopy, still in the box. I have no data on this, but it appears to be a light smoke.

A dynafocal engine mount and match drilled gear legs. Looks rather old, but I can’t tell if it’s been used.

A Sterba prop, 68 X 66. Appears to be unused.

A prop extension. There are no identifying marks or labels; maybe a Saber? No bolts.

I also have one Type 2 (as evidenced by the 3/16” thick spar laminates) wing nearly completed, plus the parts for the other. I can't guarantee completeness.

There are also a few miscellaneous parts, like a pair of RV4 wheel pants, and an empennage fairing (which actually came off one of the first Harmon Rockets).

I’ll be glad to try to answer any questions you might have, and I can get photos of specific items. Might take a few days, as I live about 40 miles from where all these things are stored.
Everything above plus any odds and ends I can find for $9,750. I have a little flexibility on my price, but not a lot. I’m looking to sell the entire thing in one lot; I really don’t want to get jammed up with multiple sales.

Representative photos can be seen here: https://4dfxr.smugmug.com/

If you would like more information, please email me at sixtyelky at hotmail dot com.
VAF #1497
RV-9A Kit #90217 Sold;
Scrounging RV-3 parts
RV-9 Tail Kit #91415 on Deck

\_____@(")@_____/

I love it when a plane comes together!

Last edited by Red Voodoo : 09-12-2018 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Price reduction!
Old 09-12-2018, 04:07 AM

Default Price reduced...

to $9,750.
VAF #1497
RV-9A Kit #90217 Sold;
Scrounging RV-3 parts
RV-9 Tail Kit #91415 on Deck

\_____@(")@_____/

I love it when a plane comes together!
Old 09-13-2018, 12:47 AM

Default RV-3 Stuff

Sent a Private Message please reply back if you did not receive it. Thank you.