- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-8/8A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2018, 09:50 AM

Default Auto trim?

I don't have auto trim and find that when I reach target altitude of i punch off the vertical hold and trim by hand for level flight then engage again it holds better than if it is trying to fly the plane with fighting an out of trim condition.
Built and maintaining a 1800' grass runway
LIVING THE DREAM!!!
Old 09-04-2018, 11:11 AM

Default trio

It is not a clutch slip issue at least not immediately.It wanders in a porpoising fashion and eventualy the porpoising increases to the point the clutch slips and a wild ride ensues.Does anyone see a downside to relocating the attachment point closer to the elevator rod attachment point?I will also make a stiffer mount although mine seems reasonably stiff.Is it the same servo in the rv-10?Thanks for your thoughts
Old 09-05-2018, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotdds View Post
It is not a clutch slip issue at least not immediately.It wanders in a porpoising fashion and eventualy the porpoising increases to the point the clutch slips and a wild ride ensues.
ts
This sounds a lot like my initial experience controlling the Trio with my GRT (run independently, the Trio ran fine). I stupidly tightened up the clutch release force, which resulted in my stripping the fail-safe nylon gear inside the box. I sent it back to Trio, where they determined I didnít have the latest and necessary software to be compatible with the then-new GRT HX. They replace the stripped gear, re-set the clutch release pressure, put in the latest firmware. Everything has run fine since.
Donít know if this has any relevence to you or not.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimS View Post
I don't have auto trim and find that when I reach target altitude of i punch off the vertical hold and trim by hand for level flight then engage again it holds better than if it is trying to fly the plane with fighting an out of trim condition.
I have found the same with my (not RV-8) airplane. Once trimmed for level flight it holds nicely, otherwise it gives a bumpy ride.

www.PuertoRicoFlyer.com