- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-8/8A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2018, 08:24 AM

Default Ditto.

As above, we do most all of our adjustments and service from the front baggage well. We have air adjustable ruder peddles but it does not matter that much for service, just unscrew the bottom floor of the baggage compartment and you have it all right in front of you. As far as the peddles hitting the fire wall while adjusted to the front, both systems do that and we just get used to not setting them where they will come in contact with the fire wall. I have seen a few with a stop on the slider type, but you will find that you will mark the location that is as far forward as you can go for the ground adjustable type as you will need, once you get into the peddle well and look at that travel.
Hope this helps, Yours, R.E.A. III # 80888
Old 08-31-2018, 02:35 PM

Thanks for all the help folks. I had a chance to inspect the 8 I'm looking at a little closer today. It appears I can move the pedals 2 slots forward from their present location which will give me about 10 cm more legroom...should be about right. Haven't actually pulled the floor of the baggage compartment yet but the task does not seem too onerous. Judging by the quick and expert responses here I see why VAF is such a valuable resource for the RV community. Thanks again from a hopefully-soon-to-be-fellow RV-er.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:26 AM

I took possession of the plane yesterday and we dove right into it. The rudder position change took 35 minutes start to finish...not bad. Hope to be flying it soon once the annual condition inspection is complete.
Again, thanks for your help.