What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pitot Static/ Transponder check Bay Area

edneff

Well Known Member
Suggestions please?

Need to get a pitot-static and Transponder check done in the Bay Area. Plane is currently undergoing condition inspection at Rio Vista, based at KCCR.

Thanks

Ed

Another vote for John Rutkosky, Precision Static Testing at LVK.
He's regularly on site at most of the Bay area airports usually doing several tests at each.

I just daisy chain a combination lock on the hangar, give him the number and location. He does the check, prints a sticker for the log book and sends you an invoice. Very reasonable!

One day I'll get to meet him in person.

Thand for the recommendations.
Has anyone had any experience with the shop at Novato?

I have been very happy with Northcoast Services (John Shutzbaugh at 707-451-9421) for my company and personal aircraft static/transponder checks.

North Coast

I have been very happy with Northcoast Services (John Shutzbaugh at 707-451-9421) for my company and personal aircraft static/transponder checks.

+1 for John at North Coast. I had him do mine when he was on the field (SQL) to do a bunch of planes at the Flight Center. He arrived about 30 minutes early, so I told him how to get into the hangar and he had it mostly wrapped up by the time I arrived.

I ended up using Precision, he stopped by the hangar and took care of everything. Definitely recommend.

Back