What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ELT antenna

Ron B.

Well Known Member
For those that have there ELT antenna mounted in Van's location , what did you do with the tip touching the rear window? I'm sure it will scratch if I let it wiggle around freely. Thought about a dab of silicone. Tried to find the instruction page in the assembly manual but no luck. I'm just about sure there is a page with some instructions but I've gone page by page in two manuals with no luck (finish and fuselage), maybe it's in the wings manual!!!

For those that have there ELT antenna mounted in Van's location , what did you do with the tip touching the rear window? I'm sure it will scratch if I let it wiggle around freely. Thought about a dab of silicone. Tried to find the instruction page in the assembly manual but no luck. I'm just about sure there is a page with some instructions but I've gone page by page in two manuals with no luck (finish and fuselage), maybe it's in the wings manual!!!

I copied what I think Van's did. I bent the antenna in enough to keep it off the window, then cut a small piece of plastic tubing and put it on the little ball tip. So far, so good.

Back