What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing conduit

Does anyone have pictures of wing wiring/conduit runs in the wings. We are getting close to closing uo our first wing. The only wiring we think we need is Navy lights, Landing lights and heated pitot tube.

Thanks,
Mike

The only other common things that people put in are autopilot servo, stall warning system, and sometimes a nav antenna in the wing tips. Other than that I think you pretty much got it covered. I'm a couple months away from closing up so no pictures yet.

cpvc

I used 1/2 inch cpvc (not pvc) from the local hardware store. The hangers are standard joist hangers from the same store.

TRvooCK5KM1F2NqOqEXWANTt7w_4v8bbCDZLPdG8IpNfF9J6UocRk18qnwZNQaGXmq8_BvR63_Bs_mVEvF-ToktNsqQiVjBqmuOWcdc8wA8puw8VMkAURvYrqODbY7rkNJ9ZbAP_hGt9Xrh4W9NAAdQb8hzp9-78kiB2trx4E055kAgEvGJwkiNIHJ_fNL_v-HVAN28drxptdiDAo8NrtlRZnfhP9Gf9bV-zkLd4vPLNkJSxs6waPmOeLONISa_eiuoMMeRNMHUP_vnnutjcGcrVo2grzxQzjQO2Z-BDuHQXhKkcM9cjhdr9oPKTAJgJM8-0mVd7zBtNr8f1zcI56cAQK_L92vyf4IGMKUgs_M3Uvj1E1EgR0dbniuNE-YQ0huU5jxmxcWpTKUzA2aeeicnLwVISA_mlfVqBo-0KrEPhMhLCRDXbt_O_EHQ_qio4qaUFvNZIGtmABbBcE4jzapVwmZ6w_muKwZdTgF8VfufzEJH-z4quNYDPdSmlkTjPUrSY6A9uJqkgijDGwGqUwbzYYbRkPEItQNCIFwgPB_FhPW6h_TLquk_QdovjsrbUmr0Y6bOJ4oKWWdAxWtNhsfsTnlLkFeee8PVv-RAj2A=w500-no

John thanks for posting the pictures. I'm planning a similar set up. I purchased some hangars at the aircraft isle in HD. What did you use for rivets at the attach points?

Hey Mike. Don't forget about Van's wing conduit document:
https://www.vansaircraft.com/pdf/Wing_Wiring.pdf
Although I had drilled mine before final assembly of the wing components.
I ended up running the conduit out to the tip, then also drilling out the tooling holes in the forward side of the rib for snap bushings to run the pitot heat wires, as you can easily access these from the inspection panels to run the wiring at a later date.
Tom.

Thanks for the picture. Since we didn't plan that far ahead about running wiring, this is the way we may have to go. We now have the conduit from vans in hand. Thanks for the vans link, we will remember this when it comes to the other wing.

Back