What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F-14123 Power Outlet Bracket

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
Why does the "F-14123 Power Outlet Bracket" go on TOP of the inboard seat ribs. Seems like it should go under the rib flange to keep the surface flush..... The drawing clearly shows it over though. Do the other panels go around this piece somehow?

just guessing, but maybe if it went under, then there would be a gap between the outlet mount and the cover panel and when you tightened the mounting nut it could distort the panel ???

There are two panels that share those ribs as an attach point. The seat pans and the cover plate.

The seat pans go on first and have small cut outs for the power outlet bracket making them flush with each other. The cover plate then sits on top of the now flat surface.

I'm resurrecting this old thread to see if anybody is installing something other than a 12v lighter socket in this location. It seems like USB-C ports would be much more useful. I haven't had anything that used a 12v lighter socket for 30 years.

I'm resurrecting this old thread to see if anybody is installing something other than a 12v lighter socket in this location. It seems like USB-C ports would be much more useful. I haven't had anything that used a 12v lighter socket for 30 years.
Check this thread as it relates to USB-C outlets as replacements for the 12V outlet.
Dealing with RV-12's but applicable to your question.

Check this thread as it relates to USB-C outlets as replacements for the 12V outlet.
Thank you! That was super helpful. I'll install the factory bracket and just buy one of these adapters later.

I didn’t install my bracket yet as I understand the Classic Aero interior uses a different bracket that is rotated 90 degrees. Plus, I agree USB charger would make more sense. But that’s an easy swap as wiring should still be the same.

I didn’t install my bracket yet as I understand the Classic Aero interior uses a different bracket that is rotated 90 degrees.
I didn't realize the Classic Aero interior extended to the area between the seats. I have an interior on order from them so I contacted them to see if I'll have a problem with the factory power outlet bracket.

I didn't realize the Classic Aero interior extended to the area between the seats. I have an interior on order from them so I contacted them to see if I'll have a problem with the factory power outlet bracket.
Jeremiah previously responded to me:

Our carpet kit includes a new 12v bracket and seat ramp. This centers the 12v in the ramp, if you are using the audio jack you drill a hole aft of the 12 v. We also include a new audio jack that fits in a round hole.

Attachments

• 1846CAEF-35F9-4617-8E83-DDA795621C7F.jpeg
    1846CAEF-35F9-4617-8E83-DDA795621C7F.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 23
Jeremiah previously responded to me:

Our carpet kit includes a new 12v bracket and seat ramp. This centers the 12v in the ramp, if you are using the audio jack you drill a hole aft of the 12 v. We also include a new audio jack that fits in a round hole.
You are way ahead of me. Thanks! I wonder what their 12v bracket and seat ramp look like. I just riveted the factory power outlet bracket in today. Easy to remove if I need to later.

You are way ahead of me. Thanks! I wonder what their 12v bracket and seat ramp look like. I just riveted the factory power outlet bracket in today. Easy to remove if I need to later.
Actually, you're way ahead of me on this part. I don't have an interior ordered yet. Just putting my upper fuselage together, but starting to think about interior. Leaning towards the Classic Aero.

Back