What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ideas for Leftover H-Stab

Dbro172

Well Known Member
I have a leftover Horizontal Stabilizer for my RV-9A. It was essentially my practice kit. Certainly airworthy but it had a couple bad rivets and small dents so I built another one. So it's sitting up in the rafters and i've been trying to think up something cool to do with it. Any Ideas?

Polish it and make some legs for it. Then get some glass cut to cover it and turn it into a table in the man room. Airplane art!

Derek,

You could always use it as a sled for those Cold, Snowy, Winter days that you will have to readjust to now that you have left Warm and Sunny San Diego.

Bill

How big is your backyard?

Make a weathervane out of it

That would be very kewl! Just paint it to match your actual bird!

Spoiler alert

Surprise your wife buy riveting it to the trunk or her car for the ultimate rear spoiler. Trust us..........she will think you are a hero ;)

PS: Please report back

Jetman?

You could put some small jet engines on it and strap it to you back and fly like Jetman!

Or you could hang it on the sheet metal workshop wall at Oshkosh with the other one. They already have an RV-7 HS, I believe.

Back